Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Shopping

Sometimes after I have helped Barbara in her dog training work she takes me over to my favorite pet supply store, Phydeaux, and lets me pick out a toy or a treat. That is my "paycheck". This week Ambrose and I helped her work with a beautiful German Shepherd who gets over excited when she sees other dogs. We acted as the decoy dogs and Penny did very well with us. Afterwards we went to Phydeaux and I thought that we would get our paychecks. Here I am sniffing the wonderful scents in the food aisle.
Then I got to go see the wall of toys. I sniffed the toys very carefully.
Imagine my dismay when I learned that the shopping trip was for Christmas presents for my dog cousins!
Now of course I want my dog cousins to get presents but what about me? And what was Ambrose doing all this time? Disgracing me and Gordon Setters everywhere, that's what. The next sequence of photos are very blurry but you can see what the awful boy did. Ambrose lost his mind! He tried to cram himself in a shelf full of treats and managed to knock them all on the floor. Barbara had to stop taking photographs so she could control him and put the treats back.
Who knows if we will ever be allowed in Phydeaux again?

5 comments:

Dexter said...

Oh Niamh, how can you bear to be in public with him?

Kisses,
Dexter

Molly the Airedale said...

You must have been mortified, Niamh! We sure hope the Phydeaux peeps are very forgiving!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Oh Dear!!! You are quite the naughty buy, Ambrose! Niamh, we're sure there will be Christmas gifts and treats for you too! There MUST be!

Woofs,
Tommy

Asta said...

Niamh
Please don't wowwy
I know Santa won't fowget you and you'll get all those pwessies fow chwissmous ..as fow not being allowed in again..no way..I''m shoowe they'll welcome you anytime
smoochie kisses and wishes fow the Mewwiest Chwissmous
love
Asta

World of Animals, Inc said...

There is so much goodness to choose from for your gift. Looks like you got a little too excited. Thanks for the share. Have a great day and hope you got what you wanted.
World of Animals